3. How You Doin´?

 


"Culture´s Obsession With Self-Sufficiency" by Ted Kluck


+ As Christians, we´re the onés who say we´re pilgrims in an imperfected, sinful woeld. Yet we´re the ones who want to go to the church on Sunday as though our lives and ourselves are unblemished and unaffected by the blight of sin. It´s been our experience that only the most extreme of challenges (public sin, death, etc.) cause church people to really become honest with eachother.

+ Let´s this become the typical "old guy ranting about Facebook" essay, he point here is we are our own American idols, and much of what we do, we do under the guise of self-sufficiency. We want people to know we´re okay.

+ Still, I think as a memoirist it´s important to be honest and not fabricate a version of myself that everybody will be more comfortable with. So far the record, if you love Great American Hero, send your Christian hate mail to anybody, because what happened with Hero (Christians hurting other Christians) is just an example of how life in a fallen, sinful world works. It´s an example of why we all need a Savior.

+The only problem with this perspective, for the Christian, is that it´s not only wildly unbiblical , it also negates the posibility of our ever being satisfied or ever giving God glory.

+ God, in His infinite wisdom, was using the circumstance to bring me to a place of total and complete brokenness and contrition before Him. But first He had to show me my bitter heart of stone, and begin to replace it with a heart of flesh. The process was the most painful yet redemptive, thinh I´ve ever experienced.

+ My mission, as I see it, is to abide in Him day by day, going to Him for forgiveness of my many sins, and sharing the hope of  salvation with others.

+My role isn´t to wallow in despondecy (more on the not wallowing later) or my church´s imperfections. My church´s job is to help me fight despondecy, and to battle the Enemy´s chief lie: that God cannot be trusted to meet my needs or satisfy me. 













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares